Glimmer Communications Internship
Specific duties within the communications internship may include:
- Assist with research related to Glimmer's marketing, communications and fundraising.
- Contribute to projects that enhance Glimmer’s communications to our donors through writing, storytelling, synthesis of programs information and more.
- Help organize our media content libraries.
- Contribute to and help build Glimmer's online presence.
- Write and edit copy; assist with visual storytelling.
- Assist with other media projects as needed.
- You're a world changer. Interested in serving humanity? An internship at Glimmer means you'll be a part of something big. Something that helps create change in your world.
- You're independent and innovative, yet roll with the punches. We expect creative thinking and solutions from everyone here.
- You are a self-starter who thinks outside the box and provides real-time solutions without handholding. Our close-knit departments constantly overlap, so you can jump right into group projects, and deal with a diverse group.
- Your organization skills intimidate Martha Stewart. You stay organized throughout the duration of a project, and are able to juggle multiple projects at a time. You're a firm believer that every detail matters.
- You get things done. You're a pro at meeting deadlines. If you don't know, you ask questions and get what you need to get the job done. You communicate early on if there is a problem. You don't just show up, you perform your best.
- Knowledgeable and experienced. You have the education and work experience to back up your mad skills as a communicator and data analyst.
We're looking for part-time interns to support our Austin-based team for summer 2021. Schedule is flexible, and the position is temporarily remote due to Covid-19.
An internship at A Glimmer of Hope is an incredible opportunity for students to gain experience at an international non-profit with a mission to help change the world. This is an unpaid internship but it may count for internship credit at your college or university.
To apply, please visit glimmer.org/comms-intern and submit your resume and responses to the following questions.
- Describe yourself.
- How did you become familiar with Glimmer?
- How did humanitarian work become a priority for you?
- Explain why you are applying for this position, and what makes you a good fit.
- If you are accepted, what will your personal goals be during your time here?
- What are two or three of your favorite websites?
- What is the last book that you read and enjoyed? The last book you read and didn’t enjoy?
- What are your three favorite movies?