Glimmer is hiring a full-time Program Associate at our headquarters in Austin, Texas. We are seeking a creative and strategic thinker to support the diverse initiatives of Glimmer’s Programs team and conduct tasks related to information management, data collection and analysis. The ideal candidate has cross-cultural exposure and three or more years’ experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation, and statistical analysis. Glimmer is an international nonprofit that is working to end the cycle of extreme poverty in rural Ethiopia.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead implementation and execution of Glimmer's monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) framework.
· Manage program tracking, data collection and reporting mechanisms for Glimmer programs and MERL teams.
· Review and analyze programmatic reports, highlight impacts and lessons learned, and summarize findings to share with internal
and external stakeholders.
· Facilitate development and standardization of program support tools and process documents.
· Support the systems & operations team in building data visualizations and digitizing data collection tools via Tableau and other
· Conduct research to inform Glimmer’s strategic decisions and programming and help Glimmer stay current on global best
practices in the development space.
· Represent Glimmer in peer-to-peer learning and information sharing events.
· Performs other duties as required.
· At least three years relevant work experience or equivalent education.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct research, distill and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and concisely in both
verbal and written form.
· Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
· Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects and initiatives, follow standard practices and procedures, and provide
oversight and supervision.
· Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
· Independent, innovative, and willing to explore out-of-the-box solutions to complex challenges.
· Familiarity with statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, and/or R) and/or data visualization tools strongly preferred.
Multicultural communication skills or previous experience living/working in developing countries preferred; proficiency in a
second language a plus.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
· Being part of a dynamic, cross-cultural team that works hard but also takes time to recharge.
· Exposure to the people and places of Ethiopia.
· A hybrid work arrangement with access to Glimmer’s office as needed.
· 4+ weeks of flexible paid time off, 2+ weeks of paid holidays, and the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
· Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary.
· Employer-sponsored health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
· Medical and Dependent Care FSA/HSA available.
· Voluntary benefit programs including holiday savings, identify theft protection, voluntary life insurance, hospital and critical
illness insurance, and pet insurance.
· Access to an employer-sponsored Employee Assistance Program.