Glimmer is hiring a full-time programs coordinator at our headquarters in Austin, Texas. We are seeking a creative and strategic thinker to support the diverse initiatives of Glimmer’s Programs team and conduct tasks related to data collection, review and analysis. The ideal candidate has cross-cultural exposure and one to two years of work experience. Glimmer is an international nonprofit that is working to end the cycle of extreme poverty in rural Ethiopia. For more information, visit www.glimmer.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation of Glimmer's monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL) framework.
- Own program tracking, data collection and reporting mechanisms for Glimmer programs and MERL teams.
- Review and analyze programmatic reports, highlight impacts and lessons learned, and summarize findings to share within and across teams.
- Facilitate development and standardization of program support tools and process documents.
- Support the communications team in data management for annual and donor reporting.
- Conduct research to inform Glimmer’s strategic decisions and programming and help Glimmer stay current on global best practices in the development space.
- Represent Glimmer in peer-to-peer learning and information sharing events.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, distill and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form.
- Experience with data analysis and/or data visualization tools preferred.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Independent, innovative and willing to explore out-of-the-box solutions to complex challenges.
- Multicultural communication skills or previous experience living/working in developing countries preferred; proficiency in a second language a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in our office in Austin, Texas, though it will be temporarily remote due to Covid-19. Please submit a one-page cover letter that explains why this position is an ideal fit for your background with salary requirements and a resume at https://glimmer.org/programs-coordinator. No calls, please. Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be considered.